This fun loving book companion
is an engaging and fun tool to support instruction and practice of 9 different language skills
! Some of the targeted language skills include tier 1 vocabulary, sequencing, story retell, comprehension of text/information, verb usage, same/different, inferencing, emotions, and attributes. Instructional cards, task cards, sorting activities and worksheets are included within this product.
This book companion is perfect for SLPs or special education teachers
and is intended to be used in conjunction with the book Pumpkin Soup
by Helen Cooper. Books are a great way to enhance language skills in children. The included materials are perfect for students ranging in age from kindergarten through 3rd grade, depending on the individual student.
When you purchase "Pumpkin Soup: A Book Companion for Language" you will receive BOTH
version as well as a black and white
version. You decide which version works best for you and your printer!
Here's what's included:
→ Vocabulary ←
• 11Tier 1 Vocabulary Cards: Use these cards for receptive identification or expressive labeling tasks.
• 11 Tier 2 Vocabulary Cards: Use these cards to teach vocabulary and definitions, as well as demonstrate understanding of the vocabulary word.
→ Sequencing/Retell ←
• 2 Sequencing Mats
• 3 Visuals for the three scene Sequencing Mat
• 9 Visuals for the nine scene Sequencing Mat
→ Positional Concepts ←
• 11 Positional Cards telling where duck is located
• 8 Positional Cards asking the student "Where is the duck?"
→ Comprehension Questions ←
• 15 Expressive Comprehension Questions: Use these cards to ask your students questions related to the story.
• 8 Receptive Comprehension Questions: Use these cards to ask your students questions related to the story with answers provided in a field of 3.
→ Past Tense Verbs ←
• 14 past tense verb sentence prompts. Use these cards to have your students produce correct form of the verb listed on the card (tasted, sliced, etc).
The included verbs are related to the book.
-→ Singular vs. Plural Nouns ←
• 2 singular vs plural noun category sorts. Cut out the included images and glue them in the correct column.
→ Synonyms or Antonyms ←
• 15 cards containing two related words. Use these cards to determine if the word pairs are synonyms or antonyms.
→ Synonyms ←
• 14 synonym cards and 1 answer key. Use these cards for your students to name synonyms.
• 1 synonym matching worksheet.
→ Antonyms ←
• 14 antonym cards and 1 answer key. Use these cards for your students to name antonyms.
• 1 antonym matching worksheet
→ How Would You Feel? Emotions ←
• 1 emotions strip. Use this to allow students to point the emotion they would feel.
• 14 scenarios. Use these scenarios to let students tell how they would feel if they were involved with the scenario.
→ Answer and Cover Reinforcer ←
• 2 answer and cover reinforcement worksheets.
✎ Please note: The Speech Owl is in no way affiliated with this book or the author, Natasha Wing. You must purchase this book separately
→ You may also like these related products: ←
The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything: Book Companion for Language
When The Leaf Blew In: Book Companion For Language
One Is A Feast For Mouse: A Book Companion For LanguageThere Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some LeavesThere Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat
☛ Please feel free to ask any questions you may have before purchasing! ☚
★ Also, follow my store to receive notifications when I post new products. New products are 50% off for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
☑ Don't forget to leave feedback to receive credits towards future purchases!
The Speech Owl