This complete pumpkin themed unit contains language arts, math, and science activities aligned with Common Core State Standards as well as loads of pumpkin science activities and experiments!.
Included in this unit:
* Pumpkin Observation (using senses: lined & unlined included)
*Identify Parts of a Pumpkin
*Label Parts of a Pumpkin
* Making Words (with "pumpkins")
* Pumpkin Comparisons
* Informative Writing: Pumpkin Life Cycle
(Illustrated and blank for student illustrations)
* Learning About My Pumpkin (Science/Math)
* How Many Seeds in the Pumpkin? (Estimate/Count)
* Draw a Picture of Your Pumpkin (Illustration)
* Draw a Scientific Diagram of Your Pumpkin
* Pumpkin Write the Room
* Informational Text: Pumpkin Fun Facts Mini Book
* Blank Pumpkin Stationery (3 full sheets/3 half sheets)
* Using Tally Marks
* Adding with Three Addends
* Word Problems (2 pages)
* Science Experiment 1: Pumpkin/Seed Sink/Float
* Science Experiment 2: Rotting Pumpkins
* I Have/Who Has Sight Word Games
(Pre-Primer, Primer, First, Second, Third)
This unit will help you keep things fun for fall and pumpkin time while packing in skills and content!
Click here for Apples to the (Common) Core PLUS Science!
Click here for Christmas to the (Common) Core PLUS Science!
Common Core State Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.