Falling leaves and a chill in the air means it’s the perfect time for students to learn about pumpkins! This thematic pumpkin unit includes detailed daily lesson plans to make your job easier. Each lesson includes literature suggestions, activities, art, literacy, science, math, music, and games. There are also links to YouTube videos that fit in perfectly as well.
Click on the PREVIEW
to read each lesson plan, see the Week-at-a-Glance planning sheet, as well as examples of printables and art projects.
How the Unit is Organized:
Day One: Investigating Pumpkins
• Know, Wonder, Learn Graphic Organizer
• Pumpkin Investigation Sheet
• Parts of a Pumpkin Song
• Parts of a Pumpkin Craftivity
• Optional: Comparing Apples and Pumpkins
Day Two: Pumpkin Life Cycle
• Pumpkin Life Cycle Wheel Craftivity
• Life Cycle of a Pumpkin Song
Day Three: Pumpkin Math Activities
• Estimation Activity: How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin?
• How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin? Math Craftivity
• Optional: Weight and Measurement Activities
Day Four: Pumpkin Literacy Activities
• Letter P Focus and Book (for younger students)
• How to Carve a Pumpkin Writing Activity (beginning expository writing for older students)
Day Five: Pumpkin Fun!
• Review of the Week
• 3 Pumpkin Art Project Options
• Pumpkin Treats, Games, Songs, and Videos
This Unit Also Includes:
• 15 Math Worksheets
• 10 Literacy Worksheets
• 2 Emergent Readers
• 12 Word Wall Cards
• 2 Literacy Centers
• 1 Math Center
• 5 Handwriting Sheets
• QR Codes to YouTube Videos
• Book List
• Art Project Templates
• Pumpkin Games
• Answer Keys
I have more THEMATIC UNITS
in my store. They all come with detailed lesson plans and everything you need for a successful unit!
Questions? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks so much for stopping by!