Are you tired of your kiddos just not writing those complete sentences at the beginning (or any point really) of the year? This pack is designed to help you teach or re-teach those ever important basics of sentences. This 27 page pack focusing on end Punctuation in Sentences that is the perfect addition to your Author Study! Using Text Features and Mentor Texts from well-know authors is a great way to effortlessly connect skills and strategies.
Common Core Aligned! (CCSS L.1.2.b)
Using Mentor Texts to Promote Literacy: End Punctuation in Sentences (27 Pages)
Exclamation Mark, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld, is the clever tale of a punctuation mark who knows he’s different from all the periods surrounding him. He tries to fit in, but nothing feels right. Then he meets a question mark, and he “discovers a world of
endless possibilities.” It is the perfect mentor text for asking questions, practicing telling sentences and using exclamations in sentences.
**Use this pack with or without the book**
• (Page 3-4) "Question Words" and “Exclamation Words” Posters
• (Pages 5-7) Anchor Charts: Period/ Question Mark/ Exclamation
• (Pages 8-12) “My Punctuation Book”
• (Pages 13-14) Describing Words & Descriptive Sentences
• (Page 15) Changing Telling Sentences to Asking Sentences.
• (Pages 16-22) 3 Sentences to Describe the Picture
• (Page 23) “The Punctuation Game”
• (Pages 24-28) “Animal Clues: Verbal Practice with End Marks
**This is part of a Giant Bundle offered at 40% OFF the individual prices. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Giant-1st-Grade-Literacy-Bundle-5-Foundational-Skill-Packs-1306235
★ FIND MANY MORE FIRST GRADE ACTIVITIES HERE. THANKS SO MUCH FOR VISITING MY STORE!
Graphics by: EduClips, Creative Clips and PaulaKim Studio