Thirty writing challenges in three workbooks with additional creative challenges. Detailed step-by-step guidance in two sets of slides with additional notes for teachers and parents.
Covers all aspects of the curriculum including:
- Sequence sentences to form short narratives
- Separate words with spaces
- Use spacing between words that reflects the size of the letters.
- Forming questions with an initial interrogative pronoun
- Using subject–verb inversion to write a question
- Correctly punctuating a question tag
- Recognising and writing different types of sentences: questions
- Identify and use appropriate end punctuation to demarcate different sentence types (question mark)
Challenges are provided on editable slides. They can be used to demonstrate approaches to writing sentences and edited to create your own additional challenges.
Challenges are based on a theme of 'mermaids and water monsters' to stimulate creative thinking and writing. Each challenge involves some unpunctuated text for children to rewrite with punctuation. These are accompanied by fun challenges that range from creative to silly.
Challenges can be checked using the 'Sentence Check Sheets'. These accompany each set of challenges and progressively increase the methods of punctuation to check. Space is provided for a self-check and a peer-check.
The main guidance slides can also be printed off to make a colourful class display and a helpful reference.
Includes versions in British-English and US-English