Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teach your students about colons and semicolons with this punctuation unit that includes materials for instruction as well as student resources, assessments, and practice. This resource will help your students learn about punctuation.
This resource includes:
- a 32 slide & animated PowerPoint presentation
- a pretest to assess students' understanding
- 8 worksheets
- Colon and Semicolon Rules Organizer
- Punctuating with Colons
- Identifying Correct Colon Usage
- Punctuating with Semicolons
- Identifying Correct Semicolon Usage
- Commas and Semicolons
- Sentence Combining with Commas and Semicolons
- Colon or Semicolon?
- Two 8.5x11 inch classroom posters/student handouts
- student reference bookmarks (NEW!)
- semicolon and colon doodle note page (NEW!)
- answer keys
This lesson is included in two bundles:
Looking for writing resources for the ENTIRE year?
Grammar Resources for Secondary English Teachers
Keywords: Introduction to punctuation, grammar, comma, comma splice, commas and quotation marks, commas and parentheses, writing, ESL