Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This punctuation unit teaches students all about commas. This lesson is ideal for younger or struggling secondary students, and can easily be adapted for upper elementary students.
This resource includes:
- a 26 slide PowerPoint presentation
- a pretest to assess students' understanding
- 6 worksheets
- Comma Rules
- Identifying Correct Punctuation
- Punctuating with Commas
- Commas and Coordinating Adjectives
- The Comma Splice
- Rewriting Comma Splices
- an 8.5x11 inch classroom poster/student handout
- student reference bookmarks (NEW!)
- comma doodle notes page (NEW!)
- answer keys
This lesson is included in two bundles:
Looking for writing resources for the ENTIRE year?
Grammar Resources for Secondary English Teachers
Please note that all of the PDF files not included in the teachable PPT are sold in a secured PDF file.
Keywords: Introduction to punctuation, grammar, comma, comma splice, commas and quotation marks, commas and parentheses, writing, ESL