Punctuation Trading Cards and Word Wall! This is a set of 12 punctuation trading cards that you can use with your students when teaching grammar, writing and editing. I created them to look like trading cards and my students LOVE using them. These are great to use in conjunction with my Punctuation Task Cards
. I’ve also included an enlarged set of these cards to post in your room on a punctuation bulletin board or word wall. This product is also available with three other ELA products in the Common Core ELA Vocabulary Cards Bundle
This Punctuation Trading Card Set includes:
• 12 punctuation trading cards with the word and large picture of the punctuation on the front and its function and an example sentence on the back.
• The same 12 punctuation cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw the punctuation where it goes on the lines and space to write their own definitions and examples on the back.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their punctuation cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these punctuation flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• An enlarged set of these cards to post in your room on a punctuation bulletin board or word wall.
I print these parts of punctuation flashcards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper. The front of each card has the punctuation mark and its name. The back has its function/job, and example sentences with the punctuation in them.
The punctuation marks included in this set of cards are:
• exclamation mark
• question mark
• quotation marks
Here are some related products:
Common Core ELA Vocabulary Bundle
- Best Deal: Save $8.50!
Punctuation Task Cards
Parts of Speech Trading Cards and Word Wall
Capitalization Rules Trading Cards and Bulletin Board
Reading Strategy Cards and Bulletin Board
Check out my other ELA
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Punctuation Cards and Word Wall
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License