This lesson takes you and your students through several ways that quotation marks can be used. It begins with the basic rules of using quotation marks in dialogue and direct speech, goes to using quotation marks in quotes from text, and finally covers using quotation marks for titles.
There are various ways these lessons can be used from a basic you teaching the concepts to having the students complete some of the activities in literacy centers. You always have a choice.
The lesson contains:
• Three handouts with rules about quotation marks
• Nine activities that range from whole class teach pieces to gluing elbow macaroni as quotation marks to marking a short story and more
• All KEYs for the activities
• Of the nine activities, four can be used as literacy centers
• Of the nine activities, several worksheets
• Of the nine activities, one objective test with KEY
This lesson will keep your students’ attention, and they will learn these rules about quotation marks.