Also included in
- One and DONE! This Middle School STEM Career Exploration Activities Mega Bundle spans a year's worth of fun, prep-free STEM career exploration activities ideal for students grades 6 to 10.Careers in science, technology, engineering, and math are lucrative and in high demand. Give your students the$403.81$504.76Save $100.95
A must have for the fall season, and a super fun way to incorporate engineering! In this lesson students will use the engineering process to design, create, and test a pumpkin launching device! Purchase includes:
1. 60 minute lesson plan to implement this fun engineering challenge, aligned with 3-PS2-1, 3-5-ETS1-1, and MS-ETS1-3. Written in 5E format, provided as a PDF document.
2. Self paced GoogleSlides version of the activity for distance learning (15 slides; link is in materials section of lesson plan)
3. Extension ideas for a second one-hour class period
4. Student questions worksheet to compare and contrast contest 'chunkers' with their own designs.
This lesson is great year after year and will become one of your favorites. a must have Halloween or Thanksgiving Engineering Challenge! This resource is structured as an in-person activity but it could definitely work as a fun engineering activity for students to try at home with parents.
You might also like...
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!