Punnett Square Interactive Notebook Activities
A great addition to your Genetics unit! Punnett squares are such a fun part of Genetics & these 5 activities will give your students a great, hands-on alternative to practicing on worksheets. This product includes:
- Background knowledge & Vocab Flip Flaps (Words included phenotype/genotype, purebred/hybrid, dominant/recessive, and heterozygous/homozygous).
- A Writing Prompt: Students explain what the purpose of a Punnett square is.
- Four cut & paste Punnett square word problems with Punnett square foldable cut outs to complete & answer the problem. Also includes teacher task cards with the 4 practice problems to use on the document camera/display.
- Blank Punnett square foldable sheet - this can be used however you would like: for extra practice, a science center, etc.
- Enrichment Activity: Analyzing My Traits. Students will pick one of their genetic traits and trace it back to their parents determining their parents genotypes using a Punnett square. Students will solve & reflect on their findings.
Photo examples with tips included for all activities!!
Also check out my top-selling Cartoon Character Punnett Square Task Cards