This product includes a set of Cornell notes, an activity, a 29 slide presentation (PDF and not editable), and a mini quiz built into the presentation on Punnett squares, which is part of my
This lesson covers the following topics:
• Punnett squares
• Steps to complete a Punnett squares (great practice for following procedures!)
Check out all of my products included in my
- Warm-ups: Two true or false statements are provided to identify what students know, what they think they know, and what they will learn. The warm-ups are built into the presentation with the answers provided towards the end of the lesson.
- Cornell notes: There are three versions--filled, filled with standards blank, and fill-in-the-blank. There are essential questions. Notes are completed by following along with the presentation. There are five criteria to the Cornell notes: header, student notes, main idea drawings, summary, and student-derived question (Depths of Knowledge).
- Presentation: Presentation guides direct instruction as students follow along and complete their Cornell notes. Presentation revisits anticipation guide statements from the beginning of the lesson and at the end (serves as warm-up), has a built-in mini quiz at the end of the lesson to check for understanding (5 multiple choice questions students answer on the back of their notes), pictures to help learn the material, and starter sentences to complete a summary answering essential questions/learning target (differentiated instruction). Want editing power?! Buy the bundle!
- Activity: An activity follows the Cornell notes in order to support and reinforce students' understanding of the content and provide students an opportunity to think critically by creating something new with the input received from the notes. There are five criteria: written portion, art, color, reflection, and an “excellent" component to encourage students to do a quality piece of work.
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ DIGITAL and PRINTABLE NOTEBOOKS ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Stay connected to be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches!
Copyright © The Teacher Time Saver. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original down-loader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art and parts included in the PDFs are copyrighted and cannot be taken and used outside this download without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.