This packet contains these activities:
• Hearts with numbers 1-20 to cut out and put in order.
• Counting hearts sheet to practice one to one correspondence
• Help the puppy make his valentines - draw hearts for the puppy
• Counting by 10s - put the puppies in order
• Roll and Cover Activities - Use two dice and add them together.
Write the answer in the heart. This activity has a more challenging
activity. There are addition sentences that match the dice options.
They have to match the addition sentence with the dice rolled.
• Puppy Love Cover Up - Roll 3 dice and add them together. Cover
the sum with a marker (you can use heart table scatter from Target
Dollar spot or heart erasers.) First one to cover all their puppies
wins. There are 2 game boards for each page
Common Core Standards met in these Activities:
• K.CC.1. Count to 100 by ones and by tens.
• K.CC.4. Classify objects into given categories
When counting objects, say the number names in the standard order, pairing each object with
one and only one number name and each number name with one and only one object.
Understand that the last number name said tells the number of objects counted. The number
of objects is the same regardless of their arrangement or the order in which they were counted.
Understand that each successive number name refers to a quantity that is one larger.
• K.CC.5. Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular
array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1–20,
count out that many objects.