These activities go along with the song "Pura Vida" by Don Omar which is readily available on YouTube and iTunes. The video for this song is wonderful and sends a great message about not giving up and working hard to accomplish your goals.
Students will begin by watching the video and responding to some yes or no questions about the video in Spanish. Then, students will listen to the song again and attempt to fill in some of the missing lyrics. Once the missing lyrics are identified, students will work on identifying several lines of the song with the help of a picture dictionary. They will then use these lyrics and change the word order and verb form to create yes or no questions and respond to some of them. Finally, students will write their own original yes or no questions in an exit ticket activity.
These activities are scaffolded, working students through activities that demand less language ability and moving towards activities that demand more use of Spanish.
This Product Includes:
1. Artist Biography (in Spanish)
2. Answering Yes or No Questions (Based on Video)
3. Clozeline Activity
4. Lyric Identification Activity
5. Lyric Manipulation Activity
6. Answering Yes or No Questions (Based on Lyrics)
7. Exit Ticket Activity
8. Answer Keys
If you like this, click below to check out some similar products also available in this store:
More Song Activities
Spanish Song Activity Bundle - Novice
Spanish Places & Prepositions Activity Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺