Notebook? Yes. Project? Yes! This is a very flexible activity that can be used as a preview, a summative assessment, or notes!
Students use either a file folder or folded construction paper to house all of the foldables for this activity. Includes the following:
1. Hexagon foldable with definitions of Elements and Compounds. Students will design cover.
2. Suspension/Solution/Colloid foldable
3. 3-tab book for mixtures, homogeneous, heterogeneous
4. Four tab petal book for solid, liquid, gas and plasma particle behavior
5. Two different wheels for states of matter.
6. Four flap envelope with element, atom, compound and molecule
7. Compare and Contrast pure substances and mixtures
8. Accordion to have students create a series of steps to separate a mixture.