Purple People Eater – Listen, Draw, Write! (A4)
This four-part activity provides a fun and engaging opportunity for students to practise the essential reading comprehension skill of forming a mental picture or image. It also supports creativity, narrative writing and character development.
• Students begin by listening to the song, ‘Purple People Eater’ and forming a mental image of the creature.
• They use their mental image to draw their own version of the Purple People Eater.
• Students work together, using the narrative planning and character profile worksheets to plan a narrative.
• They draft, edit and publish their stories.
The Purple People Eater download includes:
• Title page
• Teacher instructions for the activity
• Narrative planning worksheet (two options)
• Character profile worksheet
• Credits and resources
Note: This document is sized for International A4 paper and includes British/Australian spelling.
If you would prefer the US version please download the following version
Purple People Eater – Listen, Draw, Write!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at email@example.com
You may also like to visit my store at: Naemia’s TPT Store
Please remember to rate my product and leave a comment.