I am certainly not the first one to think of an interactive bulletin board/activity for Tired, Overused, Dead words. This product includes everything you need except sticky hooks and 1 inch rings. Just run copies of the beds on cardstock, cut them out. Next, cut the synonym cards apart and put each set of cards on a ring. Mount the beds on the bulletin board and put a hook on the quilt of each bed. Hang your ring of synonyms on each bed. Voila! Students can add synonyms to the rings and use this board during Readers or Writers workshop activities.
We want students to improve their vocabulary which also improves comprehension. I would introduce this activity by going to LEARN NC. There you will find a lesson plan based on the Chicken Little story and the use of the word said. Students find replacements for the word said and retell the story.
You will receive:
- 20 beds for 20 overused words like: said, happy, big, mad....
- Each overused word comes with six synonym cards
- The poem for Tired Words (I blow it up to poster size on my
- The star pattern if you want to make the banner as seen in the
- Empty beds and cards if you want to add your own overused words
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be glad to help you.