This narrative of the life of Frederick Douglass song part 2 covers important events in Douglass's life as an adult beginning with his escape from slavery, career as an abolitionist, involvement with the American Civil War, and his death.
This activity includes:
- the song lyrics
- a list of multiple-choice comprehension questions with the answer key
- an identify synonyms or antonyms activity using content vocabulary words from the "Frederick Douglass for Kids Song, part 2" with the answer key
- an activity for identifying American rights using the song's lyrics
- a timeline activity with a graphic organizer
- a sequential paragraph activity that utilizes the timeline
How to use this resource:
- Students will preview the comprehension questions on pages 1 and 2 then listen to the song while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4. *Note: This song is longer than our usual songs. It is recommended that the song be paused before the second verse. Allow students to complete the questions on page 1 then continue to play the song then continue with the rest of the questions.*
- Next, students will answer the questions on the following pages.
- Students will then complete the synonyms and antonyms, timeline, and sequential paragraph activities on the following pages.
- The answer keys are on pages 10 - 13.
You may also like:
*Leave a review if you liked our product.*
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by authors. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this video are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Music production credit: Brandon Coffer
*Photo from Wikimedia Commons https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Douglass