This is a fun and simple way for your kiddos to practice their understanding of the long and short "a" sounds.
The puzzles are differientiated based on the level of your students. Also, each puzzle is offered in color and black and white.
This kit includes:
- 16 piece long and short "a" puzzle sort
- 9 piece long and short "a" puzzle sort
- 6 piece long and short "a" puzzle
I copied the puzzles on cardstock...laminated...cut both the long and short "a" puzzles...and kept them in one bag. I used this activity as a word work center in my Reader's Workshop. This can also be printed on regular paper...then glued onto a large piece of construction paper and used as an individual assessment.
* The students sort out the puzzle pieces into a long "a" pile and a short "a" pile.
* Next the kiddos put the puzzles together.
* If the kiddos have separated the pieces correctly, they will have created a picture.
I hope this becomes a useful activity in your classroom.
Thanks and God Bless,