The Pyramid Builder Simulation is a beloved activity in my classroom and an activity many former students talk about years after they have left my class. A great first step in gamification!
In this lesson, students will step into the role of an Egyptian Vizier in charge of building an Egyptian Pyramid for the pharaoh before his death. The students will make a variety of decisions about the construction including location, building material, and workforce.
For this activity students will need access to the Internet. The Pyramid Builder Challenge requires Flash Player.
This packet provides a versatile combination of activities a teacher can choose to combine before, during, and after students complete the Pyramid Builder Simulation. Activities include:
• KWL chart and/or
• Pyramid Builder Anticipation Guide- Step 1
• Pyramid Builder Anticipation Guide- Steps 2, 3, and 4
• Review Pyramid Builder Anticipation Guide Answer Key with students
• Explanation of how to successfully build a “perfect” pyramid.
• Exit Slip-Two options are provided
This activity pairs great with the Mummy Maker Simulation available at: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Mummy-Maker-Simulation-Learning-Guide-1947295