This activity contains 10 different and fun real-life problems
that ask students to solve them by applying the Pythagorean Theorem
. The answers to the problems will give students pieces of a quote. Students like this approach to multiple choice as they often generate fun versions of the quote.
The first four word problems are basic, and require students to just find a missing leg or hypotenuse of a right triangle using the Pythagorean Theorem. The remaining six problems are slightly more complex and require more than one step.
This product is designed to be used for a class, as well as for homestudy, as it includes:
• An introduction to the topic (quick review of the concept of the Pythagorean
• Example 1 – how to find a missing hypotenuse
• Example 2 – how to find a missing leg
• 10 fun real-life problems (accompanied by colored pictures) with multiple choice
that give students pieces of a quote
• A blank answer sheet for students to fill in the quote
• An answer key
You may also like:
Area & Perimeter using the Pythagorean Theorem