15 Questions - Pythagorean Theorem Applications
Includes Student Work Page, Teacher & Student Directions, and Fully Worked out Answer Key
Small groups are better than large groups
Could also be redesigned to use as a Problem Trail or other group activity
• Deal cards to each member of the group.
• Turn all cards over so that the answer side is up.
• Choose one person to start. This person chooses any one of their cards, turns it over, and reads the question. The card is then placed at the center of the table.
• Everyone looks for the answer and when someone finds it, they read the question on the other side of the card. That card is then placed, question side up, on top of the first card, creating a stack.
• Play continues until all cards are in one stack in the middle. The question on top should match the answer on the bottom card. If not, then there was at least one mistake made in organizing the cards and you will need to fix the problem.