Challenge your students to find the treasure by using Pythagorean Theorem
to explore the pirate territory. Students follow a scenario of problems to find a treasure buried by Pythagoras. Don't forget to take your pirate guide! Student tested and approved.
Multiple ways to use:
- Set up at a math-center with other pythagorean theorem activities
- Differentiate by providing to individual students
- Use as an assessment. How well do students understand how to use Pythagorean theorem with diagrams and word problems?
Are you in a digital classroom
? Pythagorean treasure hunt now available as a digital resource.
Great for your 1:1 classroom.
For extra practice and assessment, you can have students use task cards for a scavenger hunt or in interactive notebooks such as: Pythagorean Theorem: Find the Distance
and Pythagorean Theorem: Word Problems
by purchasing as part of a All About Pythagorean Theorem bundle that includes Notes, Practice Sets, and a mini-Project
If you like the treasure hunt, find more math detective, quests and adventures here.
Pythagorean Theorem Products
- Pythagorean Theorem: Inquiry, Notes and Practice
- Pythagorean Theorem: Mixed Practice and Review
- Pythagorean Theorem: Find the Distance
- Pythagorean Theorem: Find the perimeter Practice/Review (8.G.B.7.)
- Pythagorean Theorem: Find the Missing Leg (8.G.B.7.)
- Pythagorean Theorem: Word Problems
- Pythagorean Theorem: Pirate treasure hunt mini-project
- Pythagorean Graffiti Activity: review and assessment
- Converse of Pythagorean Theorem: Notes and Practice
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.