These are task cards that should be used at the beginning of learning the Pythagorean theorem. They include the following topics:
- Vocabulary (leg, hypotenuse, formula, etc.)
- Finding the hypotenuse given the two legs of the right triangle
- Identifying whether measures create a right triangle
- Word problems (only given legs and finding hypotenuse)
- Finding the sides (legs) given one leg and the hypotenuse
This document also includes a differentiated version for students who need a little extra help, as well as a Spanish version.
I typically focus on helping students solve for the hypotenuse before introducing how to find the legs of the right triangle. That is why this activity focuses so much on finding hypotenuse. I added cards to find the legs as a challenge for students who work quickly. The cards are meant to be completed in order by color. Student record sheet and answer key included.