How Much is That Pig Worth scavenger hunt is a great teaching aid for the classroom. This activity will have students up and interacting with math. This is a set of 15 qr code cards to help student practice counting money. Each code when scanned with give students a set of coins to convert to a value. For example, the code might read 5 nickels and two pennies. The student would then need to figure out that the value of those coins is 27 cents and find the pig with that value on it to get the next code. The last code the student will find will say Great Job! You are finished. A preview file is available if you would like to see the activity before your buy.
- coins covered are pennies, nickles, dimes, and quarters
- file type is PDF
- each card is about 4 inches in width and 5 in height
- piggy bank themed
- qr codes are the basis of this activity so you will need a way to scan the codes such as an Ipad
- may want to have play money to help student find the value of the coins using a hands on method
If you prefer to have this activity in color, see my other listing http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/QR-Code-Scavenger-Hunt-How-Much-is-That-Pig-Worth-Matching-Coins-to-Their-Value-990780
How to Play:
1.) Find the pig labeled start
2.) Scan the code on the card with your ipad
3.) Return to your seat and use your play money to count out the value of the coins told to you in the code you scanned.
4.) Record your answer on the sheet provide.
5.) Look around the room and find the pig with your answer and repeat the steps above until you have filled all the spaces on your sheet and have found the finish code. If you can not find a card with your answer, recount the coins or ask for help.
Included in this 13 page download:
- cover page
- 8 pages of cards (2 on each page except last one which has 1)
- 1 page with how to play card
- 1 page of a Student response form
- 1 page for the answer key
- 1 pages with assembly instructions
Be sure and check out my store for more great resources!