One More, One Less QR Code scavenger hunt is a great teaching aid for the classroom. This activity will have students up and interacting with math. This is a set of 21 QR code cards to help student practice the concept of one more and one less. Each code when scanned with give students a sentence such as What number is one less than 10. The student would then need to figure out that the number is 9 and find the owl with the 9 on it. The last code the student will find will say "Great Job! You have found all the codes" There are codes for both one less and one more problems.
I do this activity with my students over the course of a week. There is a student response sheet that will help students keep track of where they are, so the activity does not need to be completed all at one time.
A preview file is available if you would like to see some of the activity before you buy.
- numbers 1 to 20 are covered with this activity
- file type is PDF
- full color
- each owl card is about 5 inches in width and 5 in height
- owl themed
- qr codes are the basis of this activity so you will need a way to scan the codes such as an Ipad
How to Play:
1.) Find the card labeled start
2.) Scan the code on the card with your Ipad
3.) Answer the problem you are given and write that answer on your response sheet.
4.) Look around the room and find the card that shows that number.
5. ) Repeat steps 2 to 4 until you have filled all the spaces on your
response sheet and have found the finish code.
Included in this 15 page download:
- cover page
- 11 pages of cards (2 on each page)
- 1 page of a Student response form
- 1 page for the answer key
- 1 pages with assembly instructions
Be sure and check out my store for more great resources!