This set of task cards covers the first four skills of the Expressions and Equations Grade 6 Common Core.
• 6.EE.1-4 Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions
The set includes 18 task cards, directions, answer documents, and an answer key for your reference. Students work the problem and write the answer on their answer document, then scan the QR code on the task card to check their answer. Not only will the link show them the correct answer but also a visual that explains the answer for those who did not get it correct. The link is a direct link to a shared file in Dropbox, so should not be blocked by any internet filters.
These task cards are great for a learning station while students are working in small groups or as an early finisher activity. They will work well with iPads and iPad Minis, but also with iPod Touches or similar devices.
Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions.
1. Write and evaluate numerical expressions involving whole-number exponents.
2. Write, read, and evaluate expressions in which letters stand for
3. Apply the properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions.
4. Identify when two expressions are equivalent (i.e., when the two
expressions name the same number regardless of which value is
substituted into them).