This set of task cards covers the Statistics & Probability section of the Grade 6 Common Core.
• 6.G.1-5 Develop understanding of statistical variability; Summarize and describe distributions.
The set includes 18 task cards, directions, answer documents, and an answer key for your reference. Students work the problem and write the answer on their answer document, then scan the QR code on the task card to check their answer. Not only will the link show them the correct answer but also a visual that explains the answer for those who did not get it correct. The link is a direct link to a shared file in Dropbox, so should not be blocked by any internet filters. Due to the nature of statistics & probability, a few of these questions could have a multitude of answers. In questions that this is the case, the link is to "answers may vary" but also includes an example of a correct answer.
These task cards are great for a learning station while students are working in small groups or as an early finisher activity. They will work well with iPads and iPad Minis, but also with iPod Touches or similar devices.Develop understanding of statistical variability.
1. Recognize a statistical question as one that anticipates variability in the data related to the question and accounts for it in the answers.
2. Understand that a set of data collected to answer a statistical question has a distribution which can be described by its center, spread, and overall shape.
3. Recognize that a measure of center for a numerical data set
summarizes all of its values with a single number, while a measure of variation describes how its values vary with a single number.
Summarize and describe distributions.
4. Display numerical data in plots on a number line, including dot plots, histograms, and box plots.
5. Summarize numerical data sets in relation to their context.