This set of task cards covers the first 4 skills of The Number System Grade 6 Common Core.
• Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions.
• Compute fluently with multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples.
The set includes 18 task cards, directions, answer documents, and an answer key for your reference. Students work the problem and write the answer on their answer document, then scan the QR code on the task card to check their answer. Not only will the link show them the correct answer but also a visual that explains the answer for those who did not get it correct. The link is a direct link to a shared file in Dropbox, so should not be blocked by any internet filters.
These task cards are great for a learning station while students are working in small groups or as an early finisher activity. They will work well with iPads and iPad Minis, but also with iPod Touches or similar devices.
Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions.
1. Interpret and compute quotients of fractions, and solve word problems involving division of fractions by fractions, e.g., by using visual fraction models and equations to represent the problem.
Compute fluently with multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples.
2. Fluently divide multi-digit numbers using the standard algorithm.
3. Fluently add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit decimals using the standard algorithm for each operation.
4. Find the greatest common factor of two whole numbers less than or equal to 100 and the least common multiple of two whole numbers less than or equal to 12. Use the distributive property to express a sum of two whole numbers 1–100 with a common factor as a multiple of a sum of two whole numbers with no common factor.