This engaging and topical lesson considers the issues surrounding economic migration to Qatar. Migrants have been building the infrastructure for the 2022 World Cup, but the conditions in which they have been working have been highly criticised by the media.
By the end of this lesson, students will:
- Interpret a population line graph of Qatar and be able to describe graphs using the ‘SEC’ technique
- Recall and apply important case study information
- Use this information to evaluate the pros and cons of economic migration to Qatar
- A well-designed PowerPoint presentation with high quality visuals
- A handout for students
- A fun memory house/mind palace activity - students listen to the story and place case study detail around their house!
- 'Support' tasks to help lower ability students, and 'stretch' tasks to challenge the more able
- A detailed lesson plan for you or other teachers to follow
A high-quality resource from a current Head of Department and resource author
This lesson has been piloted, fine-tuned, and then fully implemented across three different schools, resulting in a high-quality resource that can be used 'as is' or tailored to your needs.
An excellent addition to any population, migration or Geography in the News topic.
Please have a look at my other resources by exploring my shop or visiting GeographyBurp.co.uk.