"Based on the rating of this product, it is great for differentiation."
This 22 pages packet drills the understanding of manipulating the Quadratic Equation. There are many key words in the process of building the understanding of Quadratic Functions. In this file, there are 6 diagrams emphasizing the following:
1. Finding Vertex - maximum height and time to reach maximum height
2. Finding height given a specific time
3. Finding time given a specific height (2 models)
4. Finding time when reaching ground
6. Finding initial height
Student would see a visual representation of the "Position Equation" which is a good example of quadratic equations.
Then, students will have the opportunity to work on 6 different real world applications drilling the following set of questions:
1. What is the height after "certain" seconds?
2. What is the maximum height?
3. When is the maximum height reached?
4. When does the object hit the ground?
5. When does the object reach a certain height?
Students could answer those questions "manually" with work show. Two real world applications (#s: 1 and 6) are illustrated with detailed steps. Another option, students could use their graphing calculators to answer those questions with some work shown.
Each question includes a QR code that links to the answer. It is a fun way for students to use their "Smart Phones"
However, the answer in this file is provided in 3 formats:
1. QR Code (which requires a QR Scanner)
2. Organized table
3. Scattered in a BOWL where students would choose the correct answer from the bowl.
Students could work on this in their centers, groups, pairs, individually, as a homework, as a take home assessment, or in any other format. If completed in class setting, students could share their answers on a smartboard in the space provided next to each question.
These handouts are provided as a PDF file as well as a Smart Notebook file.
If you do not have a Smartboard, you can still use this product by using Smart Notebook Interactive Viewer. This program is a free download from www.smarttech.com.
P.S. If you wish to print this file from the Smart Notebook software, I would recommend printing it using the full page option.
☺Would love to hear your feedback☺. Please don't forget to come back and rate this product when you have a chance. You will also earn TPT credits. Enjoy and I ☺thank you☺ for visiting my ☺Never Give Up On Math☺ store!!!
Smart Notebook: 22 + PDF: 22