Quadratic Equations (Algebra 1 Curriculum - Unit 8)
This bundle contains notes, homework assignments, four quizzes, study guide and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Introduction to Quadratic Equations (Standard Form, Vertex, Axis of Symmetry, Maximum, Minimum)
• Graphing Quadratic Equations by Table (Review of Domain/Range included)
• Vertex Form and Transformations
• Quadratic Roots (Identifying by Graphing)
• The Discriminant
• Solving Quadratic Equations by Factoring
• Solving Quadratic Equations by Square Roots
• Solving Quadratic Equations by Completing the Square
• Solving Quadratic Equations by the Quadratic Formula
• Review of all Methods
• Applications: Area and Consecutive Integers
• Projectile Motion
• Linear vs. Quadratic Models
Please download the preview to see a sample outline along with a collage of some of the pages.
NEW: Assessments are now EDITABLE!
Now you can easily make multiple versions or customize to fit your needs! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit these files. There is a folder titled "Editable Assessments" when you download. This is where you will find editable versions of each quiz and the unit test. If your Equation Editor is incompatible with mine, simply delete my equation and insert your own.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
Algebra 1 Second Semester Notes Bundle
Algebra 1 Curriculum
More Algebra 1 Units:
Unit 1 – Algebra Basics
Unit 2 – Multi-Step Equations & Inequalities
Unit 3 – Relations & Functions
Unit 4 – Linear Equations
Direct & Inverse Variation (Mini-Unit)
Unit 5 – Systems of Equations & Inequalities
Unit 6 – Exponents and Exponential Functions
Unit 7 – Polynomials & Factoring
Unit 9 – Statistics
Unit 10 – Rational Expressions & Equations
Unit 11 – Radical Expressions & Equations
This purchase includes a license for one teacher only
for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable
, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.