In Texas, new TEKS (standards) have made Algebra 1 feel a bit more like Algebra 2! To meet the new, more rigorous standards of the unit on Quadratic Functions, I created this "bundle" of supplemental resources. I hope they help your students... and you!
Included in this "bundle" are the following supplements to your Quadratic Functions unit:
1) "Getting to Know Quadratic Functions" scavenger hunt (includes a QR code to an online "ThingLink" packed with basic information about quadratic functions, tables, and graphs)
2) "Write a Quadratic Function When Given a Graph" - a "chunking" activity to help students break-down a multi-step process while organizing their work.
3) "Write a Quadratic Function When Given the Vertex and a Point" - another "chunking" activity to help students organize their work while going from Vertex Form to Standard Form.
4) A "Completing the Square" warm-up that helps students revisit and recognize the patterns of perfect square trinomials - leads nicely into a more teacher-driven lesson on Completing the Square. Serves as a nice "appetizer" for students with follow-up questions.
5) Quadratic Transformations "Chain Challenge" - student groups work together to assemble paper chains that match quadratic functions to their graphs, while keeping in mind fundamental quadratic transformations (vertical and horizontal shifts, reflections over the x-axis, dilations (compressions and stretches).
COMPREHENSIVE ANSWER KEYS are included for your convenience.