Quadratic Equations & Complex Numbers (Algebra 2 - Unit 4) | All Things Algebra®
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- All Things Algebra 2 CurriculumWhat does this curriculum contain? This curriculum includes 860+ pages of instructional materials (warm-ups, notes, homework, quizzes, unit tests, review materials, a midterm exam, a final exam, and many other extras) for Algebra 2. All answer keys are included. This bPrice $210.00Original Price $295.80Save $85.80
This Quadratic Equations & Complex Numbers Unit Bundle includes guided notes, homework assignments, three quizzes, a study guide and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Roots of a Quadratic Equation; Solving Quadratics by Graphing
• Factoring Review
• Solving Quadratics by Factoring
• Factored Form/Vertex Form/Standard Form of a Quadratic Equation
• Simplifying Radicals Review
• Solving Quadratics by Square Roots
• Imaginary Numbers
• Solving Square Roots Problems with Imaginary Solutions
• Operations with Complex Numbers
• Organizing the Real and Complex Numbers
• Properties with Complex Numbers
• Solving Quadratics by Completing the Square
• Solving Quadratics by The Quadratic Formula
• The Discriminant
• Review of all Methods; Choosing the Best Method
• Geometric and Consecutive Integer Applications
• Projectile Motion
• Quadratic Regression
• Solving Nonlinear Systems of Equations (Linear-Quadratic and Quadratic-Quadratic) graphically
• Solving Nonlinear Systems of Equations (Linear-Quadratic and Quadratic-Quadratic) algebraically
ADDITIONAL COMPONENTS INCLUDED:
(1) Links to Instructional Videos: Links to videos of each lesson in the unit are included. Videos were created by fellow teachers for their students using the guided notes and shared in March 2020 when schools closed with no notice. Please watch through first before sharing with your students. Many teachers still use these in emergency substitute situations.
(2) Editable Assessments: Editable versions of each quiz and the unit test are included. PowerPoint is required to edit these files. Individual problems can be changed to create multiple versions of the assessment. The layout of the assessment itself is not editable. If your Equation Editor is incompatible with mine (I use MathType), simply delete my equation and insert your own.
(3) Google Slides Version of the PDF: The second page of the Video links document contains a link to a Google Slides version of the PDF. Each page is set to the background in Google Slides. There are no text boxes; this is the PDF in Google Slides. I am unable to do text boxes at this time but hope this saves you a step if you wish to use it in Slides instead!
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
More Algebra 2 Units:
Unit 1 – Equations and Inequalities
Unit 2 – Linear Functions and Systems
Unit 3 – Parent Functions and Transformations
Unit 7 – Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
Unit 10 – Sequences and Series
Unit 11 – Probability and Statistics
LICENSING TERMS: This purchase includes a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT TERMS: This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.
© All Things Algebra (Gina Wilson), 2012-present