- Changing equations from standard form to vertex form (using completing the squares or vertex formula)
- Changing equations from vertex form to standard form
This activity is designed for students to work individually, in pairs, or small groups.
How to use: This activity is a wrap-around one, meaning you can start with any card. Students pick any card to begin with. Rewrite the equation to another format and find the matching equation on another card. They continue until they return to the original card.
Included in this package:
- Instruction and preparation guide
- 2 sets of 10 dominoes (printed 10 per page)
- 1 larger set of 12 dominoes (printed 4 per page)
- Answer Key (shows how to work problems)
Great for Differentiation
You have 2 levels of difficulty. All vertices will have integer values.
** Level one: all the equations have an "a" value of 1 and an even "b" value.
** Level two, the equations have any "a" value and an even "b" value.
Students can be given the domino set that meets their level of understanding. This can be done without their knowledge or you can give the students the option to pick the set they are comfortable with.
As a review activity, I tell students they need to be able to rewrite equations going both directions (from standard to vertex and vice versa). So pick the level they want to practice and the direction they need to practice. Students are all using the same activity but are working at 2 levels and practice 2 skills.
* Review station for test
* Math Station for student that have completed their work
* Alternative to homework
* Bell work
* Check for understanding (middle or end of lesson)
* Short Game to get student refocused on math
This item is included in our quadratic bundle:
Quadratic Equations Bundle