The Quadratic Formula: "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- Using the formula to find solutions
- Writing and saying the formula
- How to plug in
- Meaning of solutions as roots / zeroes
- Three representations of solutions - factoring, quadratic formula, and graph
- Practice and examples
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Algebra 1 Super Bundle
Discriminant Card Sort
Quadratic Equations: Always, Sometimes, or Never