This collection of 7 functions could be used to analyze the Vertex Form of the quadratic function. These 7 activities maybe used:
For each of the quadratic functions provided, students will need to:
1. Find the vertex
2. Find the equation of the Axis of Symmetry
3. Determine the direction of opening
4. Determine whether the graph has a maximum value or a minimum value.
5. Determine the "value" of the max/min
6. Specify the domain of the function
7. Specify the range of the function
8. Determine whether the function Compresses/Streches
9. Determine the factor of compress/stretch
10. Without graphing, determine whether the graph of the given function will/will not intersect the x-axis
11. Without graphing, determine in which quadrant (or on which axis) is the vertex of the given quadratic function located
Some questions may have all transformations while others may miss the vertical or the horizontal transformation. Don't forget to take a look at the preview of this unique product.
This handout is provided as a PDF file one question per page. The answer key is provided.
☺Would love to hear your feedback☺. Please don't forget to come back and rate this product when you have a chance. You will also earn TPT credits. Enjoy and I ☺thank you☺ for visiting my ☺Never Give Up On Math☺ store!!!