This lesson is part of my Quadratic Functions Unit
This lesson includes 2 pages of guided notes and a 2 page assignment.
Students learn about converting between forms in the order below. They will:
- Be given a function in standard form and write its vertex form based off its graph
- Learn how to do this algebraically by completing the square
* Students should already be familiar with completing the square
- Practice converting from standard to vertex, making sure their answers match provided graphs
- Practice converting from vertex to standard form (squaring a binomial and simplifying)
Answer key is included!
Quadratic Functions: Standard Form
Quadratic Functions: Vertex Form
Quadratic Function Transformations
Characteristics of Quadratic Functions (Graphic Organizer)