This lesson is part of my Quadratic Functions Unit
This lesson includes 2 pages of guided notes and a 1 page assignment.
Students learn about x- and y-intercepts in the order below. They will:
- Identify intercepts from provided graphs
- Discover how to find intercepts algebraically
- Justify their previous answers algebraically (one quadratic requiring square root method, one requiring factoring)
- Relearn the four different names for x-intercepts
- Practice finding x-intercepts algebraically (factoring, square root method)
Answer key is included!
Factored Form and Zeros
Solving Quadratics by Graphing
Characteristics of Quadratic Functions (Graphic Organizer)