This lesson is part of my Quadratic Functions Unit
This lesson includes 3 pages of guided notes and a 1 page assignment.
Students learn about quadratic functions in standard form in the order below. They will:
- Learn standard form
- Make a table to discover the shape of f(x) = x^2
- Visually learn the effects of changing the “a” term
- Learn how to find the line of symmetry and vertex, both graphically and algebraically
- Practice finding lines of symmetry and vertices graphically and justifying their answers algebraically
- Learn about maximum / minimum values
- Graph quadratic functions by centering their tables around the line of symmetry
- List characteristics of each graph (opens up or down, wide / narrow / normal, line of symmetry, vertex, max / min value)
Answer key included!
Quadratic Functions: Vertex Form
Quadratic Function Transformations
Characteristics of Quadratic Functions (Graphic Organizer)