This is a great Unit for Algebra II and even Algebra I students. You can use the entire unit for select topics. This is probably my favorite unit to teach because there are some many wonderful connections that are made.
- Objective, lesson closures & bellwork
- Cooperative Learning Structures (Kagan)
- Math OMG method ( a way to get students thinking critically)
- Lesson Closures
- Printable version for students
- Answer key version for yourself or absent students
- Activities (Cooperative & Individual)
- Unit Map
-YouTube Videos to support content made by me here .
Lessons are available in 4 different formats.
1. ActiveInspire* (editable version)
2. PowerPoint (not editable)
3. Smart Notebook (not editable)
4. PDF (not editable)
QF #1: Vertex form
QF #2: Standard form
QF #3 Multiplying binomials (can cut out if you don’t need it!)
QF #4: Factoring
QF #5: Solving (with quadratic formula)
Cooperative learning structures for each topic are included:
Numered Heads Together(kagan)
Sage and Scribe (kagan)
Kagan Seating Mats available here
No HW (all hw for my classroom is assigned on mathxl)
*active inspire is a FREE program that you can download. It's great because it allows you a free surface to write on, add text, shapes, etc.