This lesson is part of my Quadratic Functions Unit
This lesson includes 2 pages of guided notes and a 1 page assignment.
Students learn about quadratic functions in vertex form in the order below. They will:
- Learn vertex form and how to recognize the vertex and line of symmetry
- Visually learn the effects of changing the “a” term
- Practice identifying the vertex, line of symmetry, and max / min value when given a function
- Graph quadratic functions by centering their tables around the line of symmetry
- List characteristics of each graph (opens up or down, wide / narrow / normal, line of symmetry, vertex, max / min value)
Answer key is included!
For graphing without the use of tables:
Quadratic Function Transformations & Shortcuts
Other related lessons:
Quadratic Functions: Standard Form
Converting Between Forms (Completing the Square)
Characteristics of Quadratic Functions (Graphic Organizer)