Quadratics: What do you know about this quadratic?
Students are given a quadratic equation and asked to work out:
- its factors
- where it crosses the axes
- what its graph would look like
- what it would be in completed square format
- where its minimum point is
They are then given three other quadratics to work on, but are provided with different starting information - i.e., if they have the graph, can they work out the factors?
**Updated May 2018**
Now with 2 additional bonus activities:
1. Properties of Quadratic Graphs Worksheet
Students have to identify the zeroes, turning point, y intercept and line of symmetry from a graph or function.
2. Recognising Quadratic Graphs Activity
Students have to match quadratic graphs to their functions by considering zeroes, turning points and y -intercepts.
All activities include answers.
CCSS: HSF.IF.C.8.A and HSF.IF.C.7.A
Use the process of factoring and completing the square in a quadratic function to show zeros;
Graph linear and quadratic functions and show intercepts, maxima, and minima.