Your students will learn to classify quadrilaterals with this polished, no-prep, geometry Venn diagram activity aligned to the Common Core. Categorizing polygons by properties will engage your students in higher-order thinking. Geometric shapes include square, rectangle, rhombus, parallelogram, trapezoid, and quadrilateral.
These materials use the Common Core’s definition of trapezoid: a quadrilateral with at least one pair of parallel sides.
• Venn diagram worksheet of all quadrilateral types
• A more challenging version of the worksheet for advanced learners
• Color poster of the Venn diagram
• Black & white poster of the Venn diagram
Answer keys are included.
Aligned to 5th Grade Common Core Standards
• 5.G.B.3 - Understand that attributes belonging to a category of two-dimensional
figures also belong to all subcategories of that category. For example, all rectangles
have four right angles and squares are rectangles, so all squares have four right angles.
• 5.G.B.4 - Classify two-dimensional figures in a hierarchy based on properties.
Download an item with a whopping 12 activities on classifying triangles and quadrilaterals, available ★ here
★. It includes all of the materials listed above.