Quadrilateral Properties - Practice / Review for Classifying Quadrilaterals:
This activity will help your students practice using properties of quadrilaterals. They will classify each quadrilateral using cards with a mix of given information (diagrams, word phrases, side lengths, angle measures, and ordered pairs for vertices on a coordinate plane).
** This activity is also available as part of a DISCOUNTED bundle: Quadrilaterals Bundle
Students will use the following properties & skills to determine what type of quadrilateral is represented on each card:
* Identifying parallel lines on a coordinate plane using slope
* Using Corresponding Angles Postulate / its converse
* Writing and solving a linear equation to find angle measures within a quadrilateral
* Properties of sides & angles of parallelograms, rectangles, squares, rhombi, and trapezoids
* Characteristics of diagonals of a quadrilateral (bisecting diagonals, perpendicular diagonals, congruent diagonals)
Here is what's included:
- 6 quick - fold pockets to hold sorted cards
- 35 sorting cards (mix of diagrams, ordered pairs, measurements, and word phrases)
- 6 "answer cards" that list which cards should be in each pocket
- optional "sorting mats" to offer an alternative format (great for group work or learning stations)
Students will cut out and sort the cards into the correct pocket. The pockets fit well on an interactive notebook page.
Then, hand out the answer/check cards. After students have verified that their cards were sorted correctly, the answer cards can be tucked into the back of each pocket. Students can re-do the activity as a review at any time.
Your class may also enjoy these other activities:
Proofs: Full Unit