A fully editable, colourful, informative and interesting 90 slide assembly / lesson PowerPoint for The Queens 90th birthday.
On April 21st, 2016 Queen Elizabeth 11 of the United Kingdom will become the longest reigning British monarch in history. Her public birthday will be celebrated from May 12th to May 15th and her ‘official’ birthday celebrations will take place from Friday 10th June until Sunday 12th June.
This is an ideal assembly / lesson for any time during those periods in April, May and June.
This resource includes the following content:-
- Her birthdate, birthplace and parentage
- Her residencies – Buckingham Palace, Sandringham House,
Windsor Castle, Balmoral Castle and Palace of
- The Royal Yacht Brittania
- Her early life, education, achievements and interests
- Her time in the ATS
- Her 21st birthday speech declaring the dedication of her life to the
Commonwealth (hyperlink to speech)
- Her wedding to Prince Phillip
- The abdication of King Edward VIII and its impact on her future life
- Her Coronation
- Her family – sister Princess Margaret, her children, grandchildren
- Her role and duties as ‘Head of State’, ‘Head of the
Commonwealth’ and ‘Head of the Church of England’.
- How the Queen spends a typical day
- Her interests – riding horses, horse breeding and horse racing,
- Her patronage of Charities and organisations
- Her Diamond Jubilee
- Celebrations for her 90th birthday - Street Party in the Mall, A Pageant, Trooping the Colour, Service of Thanksgiving