Also included in
- Hook your little readers with an interactive read aloud, focused mini-lessons paired with matching student response sheets and varied crafts that look amazing on a monthly bulletin board! Each individual kit is built to support you up to 5 days with 5 different activities depending on your classroomPrice $85.00Original Price $169.75Save $84.75
- Looking for a rich read aloud, interactive lessons and engaging activities that meet various core standards within your week of learning? This bundle will have you covered for 4 weeks of learning fun. * You save 40% with bundle pricing! There are 4 different read aloud kits included to use throughouPrice $11.00Original Price $19.00Save $8.00
This is a read aloud kit that provides you with targeted lessons, crafts, and literacy activities for up to 5 days using the paired mentor text, Queen of the Hanukkah Dosas by Pamela Ehrenberg in a Kindergarten or First Grade classroom to build up comprehension.
Please note: the mini-lesson activities & varied printables CAN BE used or taught in isolation to best meet your ELAR needs. There are also differentiated activity options if you're not always feeling so crafty!
This text is great for students who celebrate Hanukkah AND those who do not in order to expose diverse cultural traditions and celebrations. This mentor text blends Jewish and Indian traditions using festive illustrations, yummy food & fresh, funny and relatable brother/sister duo that will have your littles laughing as they're seeing family's celebration unfold page to page.
• Read Aloud Questioning Card for Comprehension
• Lesson Plan Overview (5 Days, 5 Different Activities)
*** includes: how to implement in the classroom & examples
• Door Craft and Written Response *The Door is associated with the text*
• Problem & Solution: Mini Poster, Anchor Support & Printable
• Connections: Mini Poster, FlapBook or Printable(s)
• Vocabulary Support: Picture Cards and Printable(s)
• Retelling: Mini Poster, Color Retelling Cards for Pocket Chart, Sequence Craft or Printable(s)
• + Bonus Story Map & Character Maps
Note: This resource was using TEKS, Common Core standards, and experience from kindergarten pacing.
K.6D & 1.7D Retelling/Story Sequence
K.6B & 1.7B Response Skills (Picture or Written)
K.6F & 1.7F Respond with New Vocabulary
K.7C Describe Plot Elements
K.5E Making Connections
RL.K.2 – Retell Stories with Key Details
RL.K.4 – Unknown Words
RL.K.10 – Engage in Group Activities with Purpose & Understanding
RL.1.2 – Retelling
RL.1.3 – Describe Main Details
Thanks for all you do,
Alicia | @primaryscouts
**** CUSTOMER TIPS!
Earn back TPT Credit$ toward FUTURE purchases!
After purchasing, come back to this resource to review it via the Provide Feedback button. It's quick, easy and the best part - TPT gives you points back to use toward future purchases.
Interested in knowing about my new resources and discounts?
Click here to follow my store to stay current on all the things & SALES!
& if you enjoyed this read aloud kit, be sure to check these out: