This engaging supplemental unit is meant to accompany the HMH Journeys 5th Grade, Unit 2, Lesson 6 for the text Quest for the Tree Kangaroos. This is great for centers, homework, morning work, early finishers, etc.
In this packet I have included:
- Colorful posters for the Essential Question, Target Strategy, Genre, and Target Skill.
- Vocabulary Match Up Sheet (word to picture that best shows definition)
- Vocabulary Synonyms
- Spelling word sort sheet
- Spelling word family sheet
- Anticipation Guide for the text
- "Chat with the Author" sheet (questioning why the author wrote the text the way it was done)
- Discussion questions for partners/groups and summary sheet
- Why Koala Has No Tail STOP! comprehension sheet
- Why Koala Has No Tail cause/effect sheet
- Synonym and Antonym sheet
- Common prefixes (separating syllables)
- Can I Get a Hand? Helping verbs sheet