This is a free worksheet on question words and using the question mark appropriately in writing. More worksheets are available on both the question mark and the exclamation point. Click on the link below for details.
This resource contains 7 worksheets with answers and an information sheet on using the punctuation devices - the question mark and the exclamation point. Tasks include:
* Selecting the correct question word for sentences.
* Deciding which punctuation device should be used at the end of sentences.
* Composing sentences using question marks appropriately.
* Composing sentences using exclamation points appropriately.
* Rewriting a short passage inserting the correct punctuation devices - period, question mark or exclamation point.
You may also be interested in:
This is an accompanying, fully editable, 36-slide PowerPoint lesson on using the question mark and exclamation point and showing how and when to use these punctuation devices appropriately in writing. It is presented by the 'punchy' punctuation characters - Question Mark and Exclamation Point - and ably helped by The Period of course!
Save money and buy both resources at a discounted rate: