Also included in
- Attack the multiple choice section of the AP Language exam with this set of THIRTEEN resources. Eleven sets of practice exercises will give students daily practice with strategies for choosing and justifying their answers, and Question Stem Swagger will help them learn all about question design.BONU$52.00$65.00Save $13.00
- This digital-friendly bundle combines my AP LANG BASICS BUNDLE with my AP LANGUAGE MULTIPLE CHOICE SUPER BUNDLE to form an exam-specific collection of resources for the Advanced Placement English Language & Composition course.Included are detailed units for the three free-response questions, a c$120.00$140.00Save $20.00
- ***ALIGNED WITH 2019 CED AND CHANGES TO THE EXAM***This ever-growing AP English Language & Composition bundle is for the first-time instructor or seasoned teacher who needs to shake things up a bit. It contains 1077 pages of AP Language and Composition resources (all 50 of my AP products!). Pric$232.50$266.50Save $34.00
- ***Aligned with the 2019 Course and Exam Description and changes to the exam!***This AP English Language & Composition bundle is for the first-time instructor or seasoned teacher who needs to shake things up a bit. It contains 963 pages of AP Language and Composition resources (40 of my AP produ$196.50$226.50Save $30.00
If a student understands question design on a the AP English Language & Composition exam multiple choice section, he or she will walk in feeling more confident and less like a victim. This resource will help students take control!
~~~~THIS RESOURCE HAS BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT CHANGES TO THE MULTIPLE CHOICE SECTION OF THE AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE EXAM. IT IS NOW ON GOOGLE SLIDES AS WELL~~~~
This resource contains the following:
• A brief explanation of question design.
• A categorized student-friendly list of question stems taken from two released AP English Language and Composition Exams. These categories could certainly be reorganized. In order to show students how the questions are worded, some stems are left intact. Others contain blanks and can be easily used as templates for the question-writing activity.
• A Suggestions for Stem Use list.
• A detailed activity using stem strategies with “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God.” Page references are from The Norton Anthology of American Literature.
• Another version of page one of the “Sinners” activity without page numbers. This page contains blanks so that the teacher can adapt the assignment for the textbook or online resource being used.
• A detailed activity using stem strategies with Chapter 1 of The Things They Carried.
• A one-page Strategies for Improving Performance tips sheet.
• A stem defense template for one-passage multiple choice practice. Students complete a timed practice (roughly one minute per question from a released exam), compare answers with a partner or team and make changes as necessary, find out the correct answer, and write a brief defense of the correct answer for each one missed.
• A two-page article on Angie's take on changes coming for the 2020 AP Lang exam.
• All materials are provided in both PDF and Google Slides.
You might also like AP English Language Multiple Choice Mini Practice BUNDLE #1, AP English Language Multiple Choice Mini Practice BUNDLE #2, and the AP English Language & Composition Multiple Choice Super BUNDLE.
Are you a high school English teacher? Come join the Facebook group High School English with Angie Kratzer.
Come join the conversation!