If a student understands question design on a multiple-choice assessment, he or she will walk in feeling more confident and less like a victim. This product will help students take control of the multiple choice section of the AP English Language & Composition exam.
This product contains the following:
• A brief explanation of question design.
• A categorized student-friendly list of question stems taken from two released AP English Language and Composition Exams. These categories could certainly be reorganized. In order to show students how the questions are worded, some stems are left intact. Others contain blanks and can be easily used as templates for the question-writing activity.
• A Suggestions for Stem Use list.
• A detailed activity using stem strategies with “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God.” Page references are from The Norton Anthology of American Literature.
• Another version of page one of the “Sinners” activity without page numbers. This page contains blanks so that the teacher can adapt the assignment for the textbook or online resource being used.
• Student work samples for the “Sinners” activity.
• A detailed activity using stem strategies with Chapter 1 of The Things They Carried.
• A one-page Strategies for Improving Performance tips sheet.
• A stem defense template for one-passage multiple choice practice. Students complete a timed practice (roughly one minute per question from a released exam), compare answers with a partner or team and make changes as necessary, find out the correct answer, and write a brief defense of the correct answer for each one missed.
You might also like AP English Language Multiple Choice Mini Practice BUNDLE #1 and AP English Language Multiple Choice Mini Practice BUNDLE #2.
A GREAT BUY: AP English Language & Composition Product BUNDLE (Save $20 by buying all my AP Lang. products together in a ZIP file!)
Come join the conversation!
Blog (Musing Mama K)